When you find the house you want to buy, it is easy to dream of your happy life there. However, there are many issues that can make your dream house turn out to be a nightmare. This is why you need to make sure your deal is contingent upon the results of a thorough real estate inspection.
A real estate inspection is conducted by a certified professional. Too many home buyers think that problems are obvious, but many issues are unseen to the untrained eye. A trained inspector, however, can catch many of these issues.
Here are the five major issues that can be uncovered during your real estate inspection.
- Structure. Structural issues are some of the most dangerous for buyers. This refers to the integrity of the walls and foundation. Some issues, like cracks in the foundation, may be apparent to the naked eye, but only a professional can assess whether or not those cracks are actual signs of a problem.
- Pest infestations. A good assessment will look for signs of pests. This can include roaches, termites, rodents and more. Many of these infestations occur in locations that are not readily accessible, which is why they can go unnoticed for quite some time. In many cases, a pest inspection is performed by a pest control professional.
- Wiring. Wiring runs throughout most homes, providing power for lighting, heating, cooling, electronic gadgets and more. If this wiring does not work, it may be a sign of a serious problem. Wiring problems are not merely inconvenient. They can be a fire risk as well.
- Plumbing. When the plumbing goes bad, the problem can quickly spread. Some leaks are slow and accumulate water damage over time. Plumbing problems can also be related to the septic system. These systems are not easy to see when touring a home, but an inspector will try all the plumbing to see how it works.
- Appliances. You will want to know how well all appliances function before settling the deal. This is especially important for expensive appliances like heaters, water tanks and air conditioners. If these systems do not work well, then your energy costs can skyrocket. Replacing these items can be costly, which is why it is good to know in advance how functional these appliances are at the time of purchase.
Most inspectors will do a basic assessment of the home, but for an analysis of the pest situation, you should hire someone with pest control experience. Fortunately, Geiger's Pest Services has worked on many homes in the area. With a real estate assessment from Geiger's Pest Services, you can be confident that your new home is a dream come true.
Take a look at our service area and see if we can make it out to your location. Give us a call today for a free quote.