Have you noticed small red bites that turn itchy in a few days? Have you seen the tell-tale smears on any light-colored bedding or walls? Maybe you’ve even seen small brown bugs in your bed or in other spots in your home. If this sounds familiar, then you may have bed bugs.
How Did I Get Bed Bugs?
Unfortunately, bed bug infestations have become more and more common. Many people feel embarrassed, but bed bugs are just as likely to infest a clean, well-kept house as they are to infest a dingy motel room. You may wonder how this happened, but the fact is that bed bugs have a few ways of sneaking into your home.
- Moving furniture into your home can bring bed bugs as passengers. Even new furniture has been known to cause an infestation.
- Bed bugs often hitchhike on luggage when you return from traveling.
- If you live in an apartment, duplex, or townhouse, bed bugs can make their way between tiny openings and spread between units.
- If you’ve stayed in a hotel, or an Airbnb, you could bring back some stray bed bugs with you when you return home.
- You could even pick up a few bed bugs while sitting in a movie theater or riding in a taxi or ride-share service!
Essentially, anywhere that humans rest or sleep for any period of time makes a good location for bed bugs to hitch a ride! Since they breed quickly and prolifically, just one or two can become a full-blown infestation within a few weeks, so you must act quickly!
I Have Bed Bugs. What Do I Do About It?
Contact Geiger's Pest Services right away! We have the knowledge and experience to resolve your bed bug problem quickly and safely. Especially if you have a large infestation, we will generally recommend containment fumigation using Vikane Gas, which will eliminate all bed bugs — even the eggs.
Contact Geiger's Pest Services today to schedule an inspection of your home. We will determine exactly what you need and develop a customized service plan for you and your home. Bed bugs spread quickly, so don’t delay!